Grayson

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sarah

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Suffering Gracefully

I would have to say that I am the biggest, most selfish sufferer. Over the last two years the Lord has been "refining" me. I am sure through all this time He has been wondering where is the beauty in this mess of a creation. Thank Goodness He sees the finished product before He gets started.
God is really teaching me in Sunday school and in the sermons that suffering happens for a reason and when it happens we have a choice to make. To endure it gracefully so it will produce character, otherwise what is the point. A verse that keeps coming back to me over and over again is: John 16:33 (NIV) 33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
In the midst of trials it is so easy to lose heart, I have many times and felt like nothing was ever going to change and my heart would always be broken and healing would never come. But the part of this verse that is so encouraging is But take heart! I have overcome the world. I need this reminder when I lose heart. Life is not hopeless and I am not a hopeless case. God's grace is sufficient for a wretch like me. For this I am truly Thankful.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Just wanted you to know I prayed for you today.